• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Fellows. Charles Henry 2nd lieut. 6919 RWF in France

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
Morning Cromwell

I have had so much help from you it seems wrong that I should ask again but, while I am waiting for his army records to arrive from Glasgow is it possible there may be some forward information you could share with me about his service in France.
I have downloaded is medal index card on which it shows he had the Victory and the British medal but I am wondering where in France did he serve?
I have a date of 13/08/1918 on the card which is showing against a word I cannot make out, and I think it is possible he came out of the army around 1920.

Thanks again Cromwell

Regards

Derek

If you post his medal index card I will decode it for you Derek

Thanks Cromwell,

Here it is.

Never be able to thank you enough for the tremendous amount of work you have done for me.

Derek

Derek He was in the Labour Corps Royal Welsh Fusiliers and came out when the war finished so he must have gone over to France in 1916 as he has no Star, to find out everywhere he went you need a book as for me to tell you would take to much space up......P.M. me your address and you might be pleasantly surprised

Hi Derek
You mentioned that you are waiting for records from Glasgow...I would like to get the army records for my grand uncle Joseph Fellows, the one I mentioned who was killed in France. What process did you have to go through, and what address did you use?
Thanks Sparky'

Hi Kevin

Sorry for delay in reply, isp been down for 4 days. AGAIN!!!:| :| :| :|

about requesting to see army records, in the first instance I emailed :
[email protected]

stating what i would like to see then they sent me an email back asking for my address and sent me some forms to fill in, there is a fee also of £30.00 sterling and you must give them a copy of the death certificate for the person you are enquiring about.

Their address to write to in Glasgow is:

Army Personnel Centre
Civil Secretariat
Historical Disclosures
Mail Point 400
Kentigern House
65 Brown Stree
GLASGOW
G2 8EX

Good luck with you continued search.
Derek

Derek,
super! I will let you know if I am successful in getting my grand uncle's army records
Thanks for the terrific info'

Back