• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Fatal R.T.A.

D

daimlerman

Does anyone remember the terrible accident on Warren Farm road Kingstanding in the autumn of 1969?

Its a bit vague now but i seem to remember the Matador being called out to this accident at the junction of Warren Farm road and Cranbourne road. From memory i think the accident was a Daimler Fleetline v a single deckker. The Fleetline, travelling down the steep hill in Warren Farm road collided into the side of the a bus carrying disabled children. There certainly was one death, maybe more and a number of children and adults badly hurt.

I never did hear what the outcome was or if the bus was written off. I think it was taken to Tyburn road.

I do remember this accident because it happened just a few weeks before we moved from Aston to Warren Farm Road, and I am sure that you are correct in saying that at least one person died....but that is all I know...I have for the last few days been searching through the online newspapers to see if I could find any detail....up to yet nothing....if I do find something I will post it here..

Thanks for the reply, I now know i didn't dream of the accident! I was just a boy working at miller street garage and lived in Cranbourne Road.....Where did yoy live?

I was living in Aston at that time...but moved to Warren Farm Rd in October of that year....,

Back