• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Fast Pits Road, Yardley

Annette Higgins

Brummie babby
I’m looking at the electoral registers for fast pits road. I lived there between 1962 and 1970. I can’t find anything before 1935 so assume that’s when the street was built. I’m interested to find out why there was never numbers 58,56,54 and 52. We lived at number 60 and it then jumps to number 50. As 50 and 60 are on the corners of Ashton Road I wondered if the missing 4 houses were knocked down to make Ashton Road. However, it would appear that Ashton Road has also been there since 1935. Also, Ashton Road is in fact a grove? Any ideas?

It also jumps from 26 to 36 either side of Elgin Grove and from 38 to 48 between Elgin Grove and Ashton Grove.

I would guess maybe that when the plans were originally drawn up the houses were going to front the road like numbers 8 to 22 but they changed the plans and kept the numbers in the original positions, so missing some out.

There are no roads on the 1920 map but they are there on the 1938 map in their modern position.

Back