• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Farrs Butcher Shop

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Does anyone remember Farrs Butchers shop? It was located just a bit
beyond the intersection of Witton Road and Trinity Road. This would be
in the early l950's. I remember going there a few times with my friend Sandra whose father ran the shop.

Frankie Farr

I really can't say if my friends Father ran for office. It could be the same fellow because I wouldn't think there were too many butchers named Farr in Aston. Also, it might have been his brother. My friend lived in Erdington I remember so I don't think it would have been him.

On the Theme of Butchers does anybody remember Pitt the Butchers, at the end of Stechford road Bromford road, it was tucked away inn the corner, worked there as a Saturday job about 1973/ 1974

Your friend Sandra is living British Columbia, Canada. I am her niece. My granddad was Harold "Ted" Farr. They moved to Canada in 1956.
Hi, I know it was a long time ago since you posted this, but I have messaged you. Teddy Farr was my Dad's best friend, and his boss in the Butchery shops. I knew Sandra and Martin Farr, and went to their home many times in Streetly. Thanks. Gerry.

Back