• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Farnborough House School, Edgbaston.1930s

ishouldcoco

Brummie babby
The school, which was located on the corner or Priory Road and Pershore Road in Edgbaston, had formerly been a large private house. The infants’ class was in a stained-glass conservatory or orangery, which was reached by a flight of large concrete steps from the main house. I've so far been unable to locate any formal reference to this establishment - hardly surprising after 90 years I suppose! The building has long since been demolished but I'm wondering if anyone might, by chance, have a photograph of Farnborough House or the area in the 1930s? Or, indeed, any other information. Many thanks.

1943 Kindergarten and prep 340 Pershore Road.
Head office 215 Bristol Road.
Girls and boys from 4 years old
Principal BB. Morris.

Yes, that's the very one! Her daughter Miss Sowerby, was the infants’ teacher. My late mother remembered her as a lovely, gentle and kind lady.

Back