• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Famous people with a Birmingham Connection (how many do you know)?

Thank you Phil I promise never to sulk again!!!.
th
Jean. Thank you Phil. Pete told me the answer though.

Last edited:
Time for another quiz, same rules as usual. Try to name the 21 people in the photos (a to u) they all have a connection to Birmingham, I won't give any answers until all 21 have been answered. Then the person who names the most faces first wins the competition.

Attachments

• img235.jpg
    img235.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 62
D. Ann Jones
G Mo Mowlem
I Simon Bates
0. Felicity Jones
P Maggie Philbin
T Trevor Eve

Last edited:
Carolina

Four out of six, not a bad start. Of course I'm not saying which four yet.

A - Anthony E Pratt
B - Sid Field
C - Alfred Bird
D - Anne Jones
E - Julia Hartley-Brewer
F - Alec Issigonis (Sir)

L - Keith Arkell
M - Dennis Amiss
N - Andrew Tiernan
O - Felicity Jones
P - Sally James

You are doing well between you, as I though I had threw you a couple of curved ones this time, but there is still one to find.

Anybody care to have a go at the remaining unanswered correctly question. The two people who have had a go at it so far have gotten it wrong, I will admit that it is not as straightforward as it looks.

Phil. Come on which one?? remember we are not getting any younger and....

Time wastes our bodies and our wits, but we waste time, so we are quits

Phil. Come on which one?? remember we are not getting any younger and....

Time wastes our bodies and our wits, but we waste time, so we are quits

Carolina

Sorry but I have just been rechecking the photo in question ("G") and I find that it has been wrongly tagged. It was said to be Julie Walters with her head shaved and make up portraying Mo Mowlam but I find that it is in fact the lady herself. Accordingly the quiz is over and I will tally up and post the winner and runners up this evening. Sorry about the error.

I have placed the names of each personality on the montage below, the winners of the quiz sorted by the number of first correct answers are,

two...................15 correct first place
Carolina............. 5 correct second place
sospiri............... 1 correct third place

Well done those that took part.

Attachments

• answers.jpg
    answers.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for my one, Phil, though quite a few of the rest I have never even heard of! Congratulations to Two and Carolina.

Maurice

Back