• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Famous Brummies - Duran Duran

P

PETERRC

Hello Brummies,

I am visiting Brum at the end of month and am trying to find out where members of DD lived before they were famous and/or left Brum.

Special thanks to Apollo who has been trying to help me with this. Any contributions welcome. I am already aware that John Taylor & Nick Rhodes hail from Hollywood (Simon Road/May Lane?). Any specifics would be welcome.

Having trouble getting details on Roger Taylor.

Regards,

Peter

Colin,

Thanks for that. Any further pointers from anyone out there, please feel free!!

Peter

Duran Duran

Hi PeterRC

I know that my auntie was best friends with John Taylor's mother, Jean, when they were young and they were in touch with each other right up until my auntie died in 1991. When my auntie was young the family were living in Billesley, but not sure where the Taylor's lived.

Judy

Famous Brummies

Anne & Jenny Ann, Fank Ifield was actually born in Birmingham, I once worked with a man who lived next door to the family, they emigrated to Australia, but Frank came back to pursue his singing career in the 1960s.

Thanks Sylvia

Of course - stepping over the border slightly we had the famous film star
MADELEINE CARROLL

and was Ozzy Osbourne from Brum?
Anne

Famous Brummies

PMC1947 - I stand corrected, but he did live in Birmingham for some years as a boy, the Export Director of Wolseley Engineering told me he lived next door to the family, not sure where as he told me in the 60s, but I think it was somewhere like Hall Green.

Very Impressive Website on Frank, Jennyann

Hmmm, just looked through the site on Frank Ifield.
So he's a Coventry lad!
You learn something EVERY day by being a member of this webring.
So much to read, so many subjects. I must admit, since I joined, I get to bed in the small hours of the morning. I will have to create discipline, because I feel so rough in the morning.
Anne

Frank was at the Kings Heath Cricket club Country & Western night last year promoting a girl singer he took under his wing ....nice bloke but his singing days are over ...but he still looked the same as he did when he was in the charts

Back