• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FamilySearch

Di.Poppitt

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
I have searched on FamilySearch since the Millenium but now the website has been reorganised I need to register again. I have to insert letters from the ones shown, problem is that they aren't there, just that annoying little red cross. Help please anyone!!

You don't need to register with familysearch to just search. Not sure what registering allows you to do.

I did start the process of registering and the letters were there at the bottom.

I think registering is if you want to create a family tree and add photos.
The search option is still there at the top of the opening page to click on without registering which takes you to this page: https://familysearch.org/search

My PC knowledge is not that good :culpability: but perhaps you can't see the letters because you have an older version of Flash/Java than is needed - or something like that......? I can see the letters but I am not registered I just use the search.

Thanks both of you. I couldn't search either so I contacted Familysearch and they phoned me from the US and sorted me out. The old site is now defuct and if you want to search you do need to register. I had other issues with the site, I use IE and that didn't work either. All sorted now.

Back