• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Family SILVESTER - Aston

dirtyden

Black Country Boy
Through my Website for Aston Commercial School/Holte Grammar School, I have been contacted by an individual to say that he has in his possession a book entitled "Hood's Poetical Works" published in 1895 and awarded in 1901 as a Prize for Mathematics to a Ms. SILVESTER at Aston Manor Technical School (Forename witheld for security reasons). Inside the front cover there is a certificate pasted.
The owner would be interested in returning this book to the winner of the prize, or more likely, to a relative.
Please contact me if you require further information.
Dennis Moody

Sorry I have no more info other than what is posted on my website by the current owner of the material.

Hi,
I am currently searching for the Silvester side of my family and looking for a Charlotte or Lottie Silvester who would have been my great grandmother. She had other family in the area and grew up in Clifford Chambers.
If your contact knows any info on Lottie, Minnie, Lily or their mother, Ada Susannah, it would be a huge help. I'm running out of ideas for finding them!!!
Thank you, and I hope you find what you are looking for too
Serena

1891 Mount Pleasant , Clifford Chambers.
Susannah Brgrave 60 widow Farmer
Frederick Silvester 28 Farmer
Ada S Silvester 24 daughter
Ada Bygrave 7 granddaughter
Frederick 4 grandson
Charlotte 2 grandaughter

Frederick and Ada married in 1885 I assume they had Ada before this.

Aarons Leys Clifford C
Ada Silvester age 34 married Farmer (married is incorre as Frederick Silvester died in 1897, Ada died in 1936 both registered in Stratford)
Ada silvester 18 daughter
Charlotte 13
Lily 9
William 7
Minnie 5

1911 Mary Bank ,Clifford chambers
Ada Silvester age 44 widowed Farmer
Lily 19
William 17
Minnie 15

Last edited:
Back