• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Family re united

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks four years ago a member noticed the family names i was researching and messaged me about one perticular name..the name of his birth mother which he had only just found out and after checking our info we found out that his birth mom was my dads auntie..keith was so delighted to have found blood family as he was adopted at birth in 1953 and we keep in touch and and have met a few times when he comes to brum from devon....a few weeks ago another member contacted me about the same name on behalf of her nan who was also adopted at birth and again after swapping info etc we found out that she is the sister of keith she was born in 1947..i met maureen the other night and there was plenty of tears i can tell you and next monday keith is travelling from devon to meet the sister he never knew he had..well actually neither of them knew that they had a sibling....so can i just say a massive thank you to this forum because without it none of this would be happening and its made two people so very happy

lyn x

Last edited:
thanks carol and lynne its been quite a rollar coaster and of course my christmas card list has just grown lol..

Good work. You don't need to rub the lamp to get your genie - Lyn is there all the time

thanks jenny and mike.. i must admit that it has been rather draining and at times worrying acting as go between in something as sensative as this because you never know how things will turn out..in this case a happy ending so i am happy...hope you are well jenny

lyn x

Last edited:
Hi Lyn,
That is a truly wonderful story and quite similar to my own.
I posted a message on here over two years ago, on behalf of my "Uncle". He had been adopted at about 3 months old by my Nan and knowing my passion for family history, he had asked me to find out about his birth mom's history.. in doing so I found he had a half sister and so posted the information that I had found, in an attempt to find her or any other blood relatives.
Towards the end of last year, I had a message from a new member who was looking for her Nan's brother..she had known from an early age that she had a brother..and possibly two sisters. After swapping our info it turned out she was his sister :triumphant: albeit not the one I was originally looking for, but his sister none the less...a difference in the maiden name their mother had given (she used her mother's maiden name to register her birth) had prevented me from finding her in the birth index.
The four of us met last December and it was such an amazing experience..one I will never forget
I still live in hope of the other sister/s coming forward although I do have some leads to follow now for the half sister..
I am also deeply grateful to this Forum, without which their reunion would probably never have happened.....it just goes to show that folks in this situation should never give up hope

how wonderful for you all lindy i wish you all the very best and good luck with your continued search for other rellies...we never know just when they may turn up so never say never..

lyn x

Thanks Lyn.. It was just so lovely to read your story and know that I had shared a similar experience. It seems to be happening more and more these days for people, which is wonderful, but the pity of it is that the information and technology that helps now, wasn't available years ago, when those siblings who were separated, were younger.. my Uncle was 74 and his sister 77 when they met last year, so they have missed out on so much of each others lives over the years, through no fault of their own.. they are making up for it as much as possible now though.

Lynn & Lindyloo, Thank you for sharing your stories with us, must admit that they made my eyes a little humide. I myself also thank the Forum and all those that have helped me in my searches.

Back