• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Family history search.

D

Dave Parry

I am seeking information about members of my family who lived in various parts of Aston during the 1800s and up until 1970. The names are Parry, Twamley, Harvey, Hill, Mead, Brown, Slater and Powell.

Hi Dave, what Hill's and Twamley's are you after. What addresses in Aston were they from.

I went to school with a Twambley in the late 40's - Burbery Street. I can't remember his first name but I know he lived in Wheeler Street. The house was low down, coming from Lozells Road on the left nearly at Farm Street, by the Welsh Chapel. I think it was up a court.

Hi Dave, the Twamley's are out I'm afraid, these one's lived in Nechells and Ashted.

What about the Hills, my lot came from Phillips street, 1920's - 1950's.

Hi Dave, l have two Harvey Families l found, one in Richard Street in 1881 Census and a marriage in 1890 Saltley Any of this sound interesting

Dave Parry said:
I am seeking information about members of my family who lived in various parts of Aston during the 1800s and up until 1970. The names are Parry, Twamley, Harvey, Hill, Mead, Brown, Slater and Powell.

I have some information about some Meads that lived in Aston in the 19th century, which ones are you looking for?

PARRY family in Aston 1800 +

Hi, I am a new member and also have PARRY family in Aston living in Tower Road, Hockley Street, and also went onto Edgebaston.
Regards, Vera Parry.

Sorry but I don't know how I missed your posting way back in 2006! Our Meads started in Birmingham with Edward Mead who came to Brum from Cambridge and Married Harriet Payne in 1836. One of their sons was George and he in turn had a son named George who fathered a daughter named Hilda. Let me know if any of this information matches any of your Meads.

Regards

I have Parry's living in birmingham from 1880's

before that children born in liverpool, chester, birmingham
and grandparents from wales

Hi Dave...Details from my husbands family history...Samuel Lacan Parry m Sarah Woodhouse 28 Apr 1861 Ivinton, Hereford. One son George Woodhouse Parry. They had moved to B'ham by 1871.

Also Bill Powell m Gertrude Elizabeth Woodhouse late 1800's (at a guess), B'ham. They had 2 sons Bill and Bertie Powell.

Any links? Florence :)

Back