• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

family burials

walshy

knowlegable brummie
hi everyone was wondering if anyone could help me. if my ggreat-grandparents were living in the parish of st albans highgate when they died in the 1940s which cemetry would of been the nearest for them to be buried in? walshy:)

Family Graves

HI WALSHY
The Nearest Cemetry To Highgate Would Have Been The Brandwood End Cem In Brandwood Rd Kings heath And The Second Nearest Would Be Lodge Hill
Perhaps Moma p Could Throw A More Definate Answer To Your Question On This As This Is Her Specialalty Department
But In My Opinion And Knowing The Area I Would Have Thought That In My Opinion That order Of Merit Would Have Been That ,But Saying That I Did
Think That Yeas Ago They Started Filling Up Witton Before They Started Else Where Because Alot Of People From Across B,ham Was Taken And Burried There , Like The B,HAM,S First Bank Note Forger He Was Burried Behind The Wall On The Witton Rd End
Best Wishes Astonian ,;;;;;

Walshy I think Astonian has covered the local cemeteries. It is always difficult to locate graves as there could have been a family grave elsewhere. My great great grandparents came from Lutterworth in Leicestershire but are buried at Key Hill Cemetery in Hockley. Also take into account what religion they were most non conformists are buried at Key Hill. The Friends of Brandwood End have an excellent web site you may get some help there. I am not familiar with Lodge Hill but you can always ask. If you contact the cemeteries remember they are very busy and don't get paid for research so give as much info as possible. Good Luck!:)

Back