• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fairgrounds

cookie273uk

master brummie
Kenko, I lived round the corner in Queens Rd, so was a frequent visitor, seem to remember it was around September or October but no doubt some member will come up with a more precise time - it was a long time ago !! Eric

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
It is still in the same place Carolina. Well it was earlier this year when we went there for the day. Never did visit the Tulip Festival Shardeen.

carolina

master brummie
It is still in the same place Carolina. Well it was earlier this year when we went there for the day. Never did visit the Tulip Festival Shardeen.

Yes drove past it again last night and all the lights were on. I wonder how it makes any money especially winter time.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
:strawberry:Not sure Carolina but guess it must if it stays open. Mind you most of the caravan sites near by are open eleven months of the year and being centrally heated these days would use them in the winter.:strawberry:

Phil

Retired Layabout
The Tulip Festival later renamed the Spring Festival has been mentioned a few times, the fair was a great addition to an entertaining day. I must have visited every festival for the first 10 years at least. These photos must be from the first one as they are dated 1962.

Attachments

berniew

master brummie
They look the right shape maypolebaz but I haven't heard of any ceramics factories in Winson Green but someone might know

maypolebaz

master brummie
I was just thinking, if that photo was taken looking towards Smethwick then the kilns could be at the Ruskin pottery.