• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

"Face as long as Livery Street"

paul stacey

master brummie
hi all
I remember this saying well my dear old dad always used it, he also used to say, "what's the matter with you, "you look like you dropped a shilling and found sixpence"
regards
Paul

my old mother would say when it was time for bed
up the dancers . ------ meaning the stairs to bed
have a nice day every body best wishes astonion ;;;

hi all
I remember my mom when talking about my sisters saying " ER loves ER pieces (sandwiches)
and, (ERs a bugger for ER chips).
regards
paul

My dad when taking us to bed, carrying me on his shoulders, always used to say "up the wooden hills to bedfordshire, daddy was the old gee gee."

We also used "face as long as Livery Street"

Also when it was going to rain "it looks a bit black over Bill's mothers". I always used to think it was when the black clouds were gathering over Hockley which is where my Uncle Bill's mom used to live - lol

my nan used to say she would see where our trousers need mending when we were naughty ( As if we ever were ) of course the best was mind how you cross the horse road and make sure you have clean underwear on in case you get run over

Back