• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

EXIDE BATTEREIS 1930s

The Baron

master brummie
These three pics are from my Dads album when at EXCIDE BATTERY DALE END in the 1930s.No 1 shows my dad  left & this older brother Fred to the right.
No 2 back row Dad right to left of him my uncle Fred.
No 3 tree unknowns, bur Ihave just seen my Dad on the right against the wall just in shot.
I have no idea who the others are in these pics, any one know any one? OR have any info on EXCIDE at that time? O0
ASTON

Your dad and your uncle fred are like peas in a pod almost twins in appearance!!Great pictures once again.

HI ASTON , THE SECOND PICTURE DOWN AND THE FIRST ON THE LEFT OF THE FRONT ROW ,WAS TERRY , JARRATT, AND HE WORKED AT THE BATTERY PLACE , AND HE LIVED UP OUR TERRACE OF CROMWELL TERRACE AT NO 2; ON THE LICHFIELD RD, ASTON , HE HAD A BROTHER NAMED RAMOND, AND THEY WAS OUR OLDER BROTHERS MATES , AT THE TIME IN FACT RAMOND HIS STILL IN TOUCH WITH OUR KID BILLY AND ALLTHREE OF THEM WAS IN THE BOYS BRIGADE AT DYSON HALL PARK ROAD UNDER CAPTAIN ROBERTS OF THE 1 ST COMPANY BATTLION HE WAS THE LEAD BUGLER, BILLY SECOND BUGLER , AND RONNIE WAS THE LEAD DRUMMER, AND HIS MATE JOHN LLOYED FROM WHITE HOUSE ST ,ASTON WAS THE FLAG BEARER, , CAPTAIN ROBERTS LIVED IN A POSH HOUSE AFEW DOORS AWAY FROM THE WASH HOUSE ON THE CORNER OF ALBERT RD,; BY THE SIDE ENTRANCE OF GOOD OLD ASTON PARK AND WHEN PETER PAN WAS IN FULL FLOW OF WATER , CASCAINING DOWN , DO YOU EVER RECALL SEEING IT FLOWING, ASTON ? SEE YA OUR KID KEEP THE FORUM ALIVE, BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ,;;;;;

Thanks so much Astonian, "thats another face put to bed", I assume the guy in the last pic in the middle is alsoTerry Jarratt?
Thanks again, this is the start of things comming together with regards to our family album,its so hard to know names and faces once the heads of the family have gone.I had my cousin Derek here yesterday he helped me with some names from my Dads time in GEC Switchgear Progress Dept. It was good as they had worked in the same office for a number of years,till Derek was made redudent on the split up of GEC Witton.
Kindest Regards ASTON

Back