• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ex-Boxer

cresser

master brummie
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help at al. I have just found out that my Uncles Father was a Boxer from some years ago, all I do know is that the mans name was Thomas, `Tommy` Wilson, that is really all I have, I don`t know what weight he fought at, or how far he got in the sport. My uncle was born in Birmingham in 1938, but I don`t know if Tommy was still fighting or if he had packed up. I`m not really a boxing buff, but if anyone is and might know anything about Tommy`s boxing history, I would love to know. Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi, there are several dedicated sites for 1920's-30' boxers, just 'Google' it. There were several 'Wilsons' of that period; but beware, many fought under a 'nic-name' ...like 'Young Wilson' - 'Kid Wilson' - 'Tiny Wilson' - or, even under an entirely different name. Good hunting. JohnO

Back