• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Evacuees to Rampton, Nr Retford, Nottinghamshire in 1940

marjiebaby1812

I was evacuated to a village just 7 miles from Retford, Nottinghamshire on December 10th 1940. Went from Castle Bromwich Train Station. Not sure if there is still anyone around now who remembers being their. I know there was someone called Brenda and her sister

Strange that in Wythall a mile south of the Birmingham City Boundary we had evacuees from Felixstowe some of them are still living in the Birmingham area.

I lived in Small Heath at the time of evacuation, at Rampton from Dec 1940 to August 1942. Now live in Shirley. I am sure that those who were evacuated with me at the time have perhaps passed away.

Back