• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

evacuees meetings

heathy72

master brummie
hi..
after speaking to my uncle tonight about his evacuation to groby in 1939..
he has asked me(as hes not on the internet)if i cud find out about any meetings of evacuees from birmingham..
he also mentioned there used to be a meeting for the evacuees of hope street school...
also ther is a meeting of evacuees hes been told meet every last tuesday of the month in colmore row/temple street..cud anyone shed any light cos my uncle wud luv to go but isnt sure how to find out about the meetings..
thank u for any help anyone can give me..xx:):)

Re: evauees meetings

Hi Heathy, this is listed in the Birmingham Mail today - Birmingham Wartime Evacuees Club, meets last Tuesday of the month at 12 p.m. Bennetts Wine Bar, Bennetts Hill. Gerald Snelling 0121 243 4347. Hope this is what your uncle is looking for. Suggest you ring the number given.

Re: evauees meetings

i rang the number and spoke to a luvly man called gerald..
he was very helpful,ive wrote down all the info for my uncle,and altho hes on holiday for this months meeting he will be goin to next months meeting.xx

Back