• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Eumig Projector help

CPMids

Hello all!

We have uncovered a 1954 Eumig Wien P8, and some film reels for it.

Would anyone here know how to get it working? Or perhaps know someone who could help us? Not sure if there are some film projection enthusiasts out there but all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally we'd love to screen these films at our exhibition next year, which also means we're going to have to figure out converting AC (50-60c) to DC.

It's a minefield for me as I really have no knowledge in this area so any tips and advice would be brilliant!

Eumig.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Lottie.

Personally I would not attempt to run 50 year old film through a projector, after that length of time the film will have become brittle and will possibly be destroyed forever, I would have the film preserved and copied to DVD for showing in the future.
There are many companies on the web who can carry out this work but not having experience of any, cannot recommended any particular company, sure someone on the forum will have had this done.

Colin

Thanks for the reply Colin. The films are labelled from the 1970s but I agree the same principles will apply. We've uncovered some larger film reels that have already been converted (at least to VHS) or copied by Braithwaite Photographers (which no longer exist) in 1997 so we should be able to do something similar locally if there are the resources available still. Wonder if we could get the original copied onto sturdier film reel to reduce potential damage by playing? (just thinking out loud)

Cheers!

Lottie.

These folk may be able to help - I have no connection other than I used to use the Knowle shop pre digital.

Frosts
280A Lichfield Rd
West Midlands
B74 2UG

Phone number0121 323 2419

I am inclined to say get the film copied to a DVD. it may cost in fact they tend to charge like a wounded bull, but, this is against the fact that every time you run the film through the projector you will be wearing the film and all you need is the film to break while in the projector this then mean trying to put the two end together,

Hello all!

We have uncovered a 1954 Eumig Wien P8, and some film reels for it.

Would anyone here know how to get it working? Or perhaps know someone who could help us? Not sure if there are some film projection enthusiasts out there but all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally we'd love to screen these films at our exhibition next year, which also means we're going to have to figure out converting AC (50-60c) to DC.

It's a minefield for me as I really have no knowledge in this area so any tips and advice would be brilliant!

View attachment 88813

Thanks for reading,

Lottie.

Back