• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eudocia MILLARD

Stargazey

knowlegable brummie
Does anyone have any info on a Eudocia ???born abt 1770, or the man she married John Jones MILLARD 1774, living in the immediate suburbs of Bham, eg Aston, St. George’s , St. Thomases, maybe. He was buried in Beansacre Street, Bham, in 1840. Hoping someone might know something. One of their children was William MILLARD 1792 married to a Sarah Nicholls at St Philips in 1822. Stargazey

Does anyone have any info on a Eudocia ???born abt 1770, or the man she married John Jones MILLARD 1774, living in the immediate suburbs of Bham, eg Aston, St. George’s , St. Thomases, maybe. He was buried in Beansacre Street, Bham, in 1840. Hoping someone might know something. One of their children was William MILLARD 1792 married to a Sarah Nicholls at St Philips in 1822. Stargazey

its going back a bit but hopefully someone maybe able to help.. however the location of the burial is interesting as have to say ive not come across a beansacre st but there was a benacre st i think not sure if there was a burial ground there though...will need to investigate that

all the best

lyn

Last edited:
There seems to be no Beansacre st listed in the 1841 directory (though that does not completely rule it out), but there are two inhabitants of Benacre St listed, so it was certainly extant at that time

Thank you all. General Question please to moderators/staff and responders? Where can I access to more detailed info (like that from pjm) relating to Bham census etc. I use Findmypast but finding it limited when trying to dig deeper than BMDs. Cheers Stargazey

I use Ancestry - I tried FMP but decided I preferred Ancestry. It is personal choice - some people prefer FMP. However, you need to learn your way round things and try different approaches.

Thank you all. General Question please to moderators/staff and responders? Where can I access to more detailed info (like that from pjm) relating to Bham census etc. I use Findmypast but finding it limited when trying to dig deeper than BMDs. Cheers Stargazey
I use Ancestry - I tried FMP but decided I preferred Ancestry. It is personal choice - some people prefer FMP. However, you need to learn your way round things and try different approaches.
Can I ask you where you found the burial entry for John Millard please? That is, how did you access it on Ancestry? I don’t seem to be able to get any original docs (other than parish records outside Bham) for Bham people on FMP - they are all transcriptions, even tho I have the premier package. I would also be extremely pleased if you found this lady Eudocia who married him - John Jones Millard 1774 - 5 Jan 1840 Bham. Cheers Stargazey

Quite a number of sites only have transcriptions. On Ancestry you see a transcription when you search but then quite a number of records are there as originals. Particularly useful when things are mistranscribed. I did look for Eudocia but no luck so far - apart from at the baptism of william where the transcription reads "Eustacia".
To find the entry - I did a general search for John Jones Millard b 1770 and d 1840. When the results came up I opened the Birth, Marriage and Death section and searched for Birmingham, Church of England Burials, opened that and his was the first result that came up. (That was what I meant by learning your way round the site).
If you want to sent me a pm with your email address I will send you the page.

Quite a number of sites only have transcriptions. On Ancestry you see a transcription when you search but then quite a number of records are there as originals. Particularly useful when things are mistranscribed. I did look for Eudocia but no luck so far - apart from at the baptism of william where the transcription reads "Eustacia".
To find the entry - I did a general search for John Jones Millard b 1770 and d 1840. When the results came up I opened the Birth, Marriage and Death section and searched for Birmingham, Church of England Burials, opened that and his was the first result that came up. (That was what I meant by learning your way round the site).
If you want to sent me a pm with your email address I will send you the page.
Thank you for that info ... that makes 4 spellings that have come up fir her name - Endocin, Eudocia, Eudosia and Eustasia. When my fmp runs out I will take a sub out on Ancestry

Thank you for that info ... that makes 4 spellings that have come up for her - Endocin, Eudocia, Eudosia and Eustasia. When my fmp runs out I will take a sub out on Ancestry! pm private mail? Can you remind me how you do that please. Stargazey

Back