• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

esser barrett repeating rifle company

bronte

hi, my greatgrandfather was john william esser and he wasin partnership with gw &f barrett who manufactured straight pull bolt action for magazine rifles, he went back to the usa (pawtucket rhode island) to a company called patten & johnson in 1914, this is where my research comes to an end as I cant find any reference to the company or what they made has anyone got any ideas please

Having checked a number of directory s this is from the 1888 directory

Barrett William, gun stocker, 12 (back of) St Marys Row

Hi Bronte, Have you seen the vintage Postcard of your great-grandfather at Bisley in Surrey
- the Offices of The National Rifle Association.
The postcard is titled:
Mr. Esser THE INVENTOR DEMONSTRATING THE ESSER-BARRATT REPEATING RIFLE
BEFORE H.R.H. THE DUKE OF CONNAUGHT. BISLEY JULY 19TH. 1906

Let me know if a copy is reqd. :fat:
D.

Hi Bronte, Have you seen the vintage Postcard of your great-grandfather at Bisley in Surrey
The postcard is titled:

D.
Hi sometime ago you asked me to let you know if I would like a copy of my Great Grandfather William Esser I know its been rather a long time but if the offer still stands I would greatly appreciate a copy of the Post Card from Bisley in Surrey
Regards
Bronte

The postcard is titled:

D.
Hi, Is it still possible you could still send me the copy of my Great Grandfather John William Esser, The picture on the postcard is taken at Bisley July 19th 1906. I would be grateful to you if you could also could you copy the reverse side please
Thanking you in anticipation
Regards
Bronte

Back