• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

esser barrett repeating rifle company

bronte

hi, my greatgrandfather was john william esser and he wasin partnership with gw &f barrett who manufactured straight pull bolt action for magazine rifles, he went back to the usa (pawtucket rhode island) to a company called patten & johnson in 1914, this is where my research comes to an end as I cant find any reference to the company or what they made has anyone got any ideas please

Having checked a number of directory s this is from the 1888 directory

Barrett William, gun stocker, 12 (back of) St Marys Row

Hi Bronte, Have you seen the vintage Postcard of your great-grandfather at Bisley in Surrey
- the Offices of The National Rifle Association.
The postcard is titled:
Mr. Esser THE INVENTOR DEMONSTRATING THE ESSER-BARRATT REPEATING RIFLE
BEFORE H.R.H. THE DUKE OF CONNAUGHT. BISLEY JULY 19TH. 1906

Let me know if a copy is reqd. :fat:
D.

Hi Bronte, Have you seen the vintage Postcard of your great-grandfather at Bisley in Surrey
The postcard is titled:

D.
Hi sometime ago you asked me to let you know if I would like a copy of my Great Grandfather William Esser I know its been rather a long time but if the offer still stands I would greatly appreciate a copy of the Post Card from Bisley in Surrey
Regards
Bronte

The postcard is titled:

D.
Hi, Is it still possible you could still send me the copy of my Great Grandfather John William Esser, The picture on the postcard is taken at Bisley July 19th 1906. I would be grateful to you if you could also could you copy the reverse side please
Thanking you in anticipation
Regards
Bronte

Back