• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ernest Priddey Deceased 31st May 2020

So my nan (born 1941 in Droitwich) her grandparents were May & william priddey, we know william had 1 brother- earnies father. not sure if william had any siblings (we believe william died young possible in the war)
My nan had 1 aunty Phyllis, and 4 uncles arthur, Harry, John (called jack) and a william (called bill).

This is so interesting

OK - you have me a little confused. Ernies' father George had 7 brothers and 3 sisters: Harry Priddey, Thomas Priddey, William Priddey, Albert Priddey, Frank Priddey, John Priddey, Sarah Louisa Priddey, Nellie Priddey, Amy Priddey and Archibald Priddey. This Jack is my great grandfather.
William was born 1878 in Droitwich, Worcestershire, England. I have his spouse as Ethel (Price) Priddey — married 3 Sep 1902 in Droitwich, Worcestershire. Maybe he re-married? I have him as father of William Priddey, Eric Frank Priddey, Arthur Thomas Priddey, John Alfred Charles Priddey and Phyllis Ellen Priddey. He died in 1947 - which is close to end of WW2, but he was 69 then! I could be wrong as I have not personally sighted the birth records.

Paul

Hello, My Grandmother is Amy Elizabeth Priddey (Taylor) 1911- 1979 she had two Children my Father Geoffery (1944-2001) and my Uncle John (hoping to find). My brother and I were contacted by Heir Hunters this morning. It has been so wonderful to hear about Ernie and this side of my family. I am Canadian, but with both nationalities, I now live in the UK with my family. I am looking forward to connecting with other family members and of course getting to know more about Ernie.

OK your AE Priddey is not AE Priddey 1895-1895. Ah yes, she was my grandmother's sister!

Paul

Hiya

Thomas (2, 5) died 1950: I have 2 sons and 4 daughters:
Edith Annie Priddey ancestors (abt 1903)
Elsie Louisa Priddey ancestors (abt 1907)
Phylis Dorcas Priddey ancestors (abt 1910)
Dorothy Georgina (Priddey) Hagger ancestors (23 Jun 1911 - Sep 1976)
Who is the fifth?

Frank (1, 1) died 1918: I only have 1 son
Who is daughter?

Sarah Louisa (0, 1 ???) and Nelly (1, 1) died 1960: I have no children (or marriage) for either.

Archibald (1, 2) died 1964: I have no children.

Otherwise all details match. Your help would be appreciated.

PS: Their father was Thomas Priddey Born 12 Dec 1851 in Dodderhill, Worcestershire and his father was Thomas Priddey Born about 1815 in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire. Do you have any idea who his father was - I can't identify his parents (there are several Thomases around that time and location)?

Paul

Thomas' other daughter died young, Louisa Maud 1897 - 1898.

Frank's daughter was a Vera Marian 1913, appears to marry a Charles Parker in Surrey, death registered there as well.

Archibald marries an Isabel Scriven, children Maud A 1920, Kenneth 1921 - 2005 & Monica H 1929.

Nelly marries a William Lampitt, children Nellie G L 1925 & Harry F 1920.

Sarah Louisa marries a William Ball and possibly has Gladys L 1919. As Ball is a more common name not as certain as the others.

Don't know about Thomas's father.

My info is just gathered from available genealogy sites and not checked with any certificates or personal connection.

Thomas' other daughter died young, Louisa Maud 1897 - 1898.

Frank's daughter was a Vera Marian 1913, appears to marry a Charles Parker in Surrey, death registered there as well.

Archibald marries an Isabel Scriven, children Maud A 1920, Kenneth 1921 - 2005 & Monica H 1929.

Nelly marries a William Lampitt, children Nellie G L 1925 & Harry F 1920.

Sarah Louisa marries a William Ball and possibly has Gladys L 1919. As Ball is a more common name not as certain as the others.

Don't know about Thomas's father.

My info is just gathered from available genealogy sites and not checked with any certificates or personal connection.
Thanks for this info - seems that Sarah Louise and family went to the USA.

Hello, My Grandmother is Amy Elizabeth Priddey (Taylor) 1911- 1979 she had two Children my Father Geoffery (1944-2001) and my Uncle John (hoping to find). My brother and I were contacted by Heir Hunters this morning. It has been so wonderful to hear about Ernie and this side of my family. I am Canadian, but with both nationalities, I now live in the UK with my family. I am looking forward to connecting with other family members and of course getting to know more about Ernie.
Hi "The Canadian", I'm Natalie...you must be my first Cousin... my grandmother was also Amy Priddey and my dad was John Edward Taylor (b.24.1.37, Droitwich)- your dad Geoff's brother. I have been contacted today by Heir Hunters, after they had traced myself and my sister via my mum - she divorced my dad when I was about 8 years. I have not seen him since I was about 9 years approx. He was last known to have turned up unexpectedly looking for my mum back in mid 1980s to tell her that he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and was living rough in his car around Hampstead Heath area I believe. I would really like to know any information about him and his life and indeed if he has passed away. I had not heard of Ernie until today but upon reading about him and his wife, they both sounded wonderful people. It would be lovely to hear more about the family.

Hi "The Canadian", I'm Natalie...you must be my first Cousin... my grandmother was also Amy Priddey and my dad was John Edward Taylor (b.24.1.37, Droitwich)- your dad Geoff's brother. I have been contacted today by Heir Hunters, after they had traced myself and my sister via my mum - she divorced my dad when I was about 8 years. I have not seen him since I was about 9 years approx. He was last known to have turned up unexpectedly looking for my mum back in mid 1980s to tell her that he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and was living rough in his car around Hampstead Heath area I believe. I would really like to know any information about him and his life and indeed if he has passed away. I had not heard of Ernie until today but upon reading about him and his wife, they both sounded wonderful people. It would be lovely to hear more about the family.
Hi Natalie,
So happy to see your message!! My first thought when Heir Hunter contacted me was the hope of finding you and your family. Growing up my parents and I often wonder what happen. My Dad Geoff was always looking for his brother your father until the day he passed.

Thank you for sharing the news about your dad I am sorry to hear that he is missing. It must be so difficult for you all. Hopfully with us reuniting we can find some more information about your Dad.

I will forever be grateful to Erine for bringing our family together. If you want to contact me outside of this forum Heir hunters has my consent to pass on my contact.
cousin Marnie x

Photo my parents wedding - left side our dads mum Amy Priddy and her second husband other side my mums parents
The second photo our Great Grandparents - maybe?

Attachments

• 9612FFEE-F553-4B28-B6B4-AB7B04ED94AF.jpeg
    9612FFEE-F553-4B28-B6B4-AB7B04ED94AF.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4892158D-E271-404B-AD19-279F8EA6338A.jpeg
    4892158D-E271-404B-AD19-279F8EA6338A.jpeg
    835.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi Natalie,
So happy to see your message!! My first thought when Heir Hunter contacted me was the hope of finding you and your family. Growing up my parents and I often wonder what happen. My Dad Geoff was always looking for his brother your father until the day he passed.

Thank you for sharing the news about your dad I am sorry to hear that he is missing. It must be so difficult for you all. Hopfully with us reuniting we can find some more information about your Dad.

I will forever be grateful to Erine for bringing our family together. If you want to contact me outside of this forum Heir hunters has my consent to pass on my contact.
cousin Marnie x

Photo my parents wedding - left side our dads mum Amy Priddy and her second husband other side my mums parents
The second photo our Great Grandparents - maybe?
Hi Marnie

Thanks for the message and photos. It is difficult to see clearly on the first photo but the second one, i recognise your dad and mum and even Amy. My dad and yours were quite similar looking brothers! I have very vague memories of everyone as I was so young (4 /5 years old maybe when we last saw each other)...I have contacted the HH to ask for your contact details so that I can write in more detail to you rather than on the forum. I have a photo of you, Max and me when you probably last visited us from Canada in our house before my parents split. I will dig it out and send it once I have your personal email xx

Back