• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eric's Paintings

hi eric
terrific photos you have produced
getting back to your researching as i have said i know th e cookie familys [ two]
and i do know of the huttons and the hardimams family does the name wholly watkings come to your mind as wholly was apart of the hardimams family friends
as does with the huttons i think it was michael i will get my brain into gear
and think back about the familys i promise and give you the low downonthem , okay ;
have a nice day and keep your threads coming best wishes astonian ;;;

I have paid good money for the odd warercolour far inferior to your paintings. Personaly I find yours very relaxing to look at. Very Good.

as always Eric a delight to see I like the New york one it could almost be a scene from anywhere but ? detail is superb:)

Thank you all for appreciative comments re my watercolous, I have now put 50 plus paintings in an Album on my profile page if you would care to visit. Thaank you once again. Eric

your paintings are fantastic. funnily enough the one i picked out as my favourite (although it was extremely hard to choose) was the gas st. basin one which you have kept for yourself. i feel i could just walk along that towpath. beautiful. :)

the bewdley fishing one is so amazing for how you painted the water.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eric, You, certainly know how to let the paint and water flow, They are super...Cat

Me and the wife got on a boat in the same place as this one today, for an hours trip on the canal.:)

picture.php

I am now the proud owner of another of Eric's paintings depicting the Lad in the lane pub in Erdington.
It was commissioned by Frothy and given to me as an early Christmas present, thanks Chris and Cath.
And thank you Eric for taking the time to paint it for me, it's fabulous.

What a lovely present from your friends Chris and Cath. Eric is so clever.:)

Wow!! Eric. Were you wearing 3D glasses at the time. God given gift, thats what that is. "Fantastic" I wonder? could I afford to buy one. I doubt it.!!

If you hadn't mentioned they were paintings, I would never have known Eric. I thought they were photographs!!
I wish I could do that, but I won't put myself down, There's many that wish they could knit an Aran sweater, so I do have my uses!!

Me and the wife got on a boat in the same place as this one today, for an hours trip on the canal.:)

https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/picture.php?

albumid=127&pictureid=1289
It's a lovely painting. I didn't know they did boat trips on the canal!! We were up from Cornwall over last weekend, and were twiddling our thumbs thinking of somewhere to go other than up the Lickey's, where we usually end up. I would have loved an hour on the canal.

Wow!! Eric. Were you wearing 3D glasses at the time. God given gift, thats what that is. "Fantastic" I wonder? could I afford to buy one. I doubt it.!!
Eric has donated some pictures to the forum for Auction in the past for which we are all grateful ... we own one as do a few others on the Forum ..something we will treasure thanks to Eric:)

Reg, I have exhibited, sold and taught watercolour painting for about 30 years but it requires a lot of stamina and energy and at age 79 I no longer have that energy and go, so now I paint purely for the pleasure it gives me. 12 of my recent paintings are now in the hands of Forum members, I no longer sell them preferring to give them away, maybe charging for the frame. I think we are all talented in some way mine happens to be painting and I am thankful for it. Hope this does not sound boastful. Eric

Last edited:
lerryngal, yes we all have our talents and knitting arran sweaters is more practical than painting (like most men I cannot knit anything let alone arran sweaters!) but we both get pleasure out of our respective hobbies and thats what matters. Eric

I must be a talented Trucker then Eric, I've been doing that for 30 odd years.
Don't get paid enough for it though, and don't find it a pleasure. I wish I could paint or even draw like you, You could describe me as a Lowry. Matchstick drawer. Reg.

Back