• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eric's Paintings

cookie273uk

master brummie
Winter New York.jpg Eric's Paintings, a selection from my Album,1 Autumn and 3 Winter tram paintings

Winter_Tramride_Tyburn_Road.jpg
thumb_Winter_Tramride_Tyburn_Road.jpg
normal_Temple_near_Aswan.jpg
normal_Temple_near_Aswan~0.jpg
normal_Gravelly_Hill_Erdingtn.jpg
Winter_Tramride_Tyburn_Road~0.jpg
(1) Tyburn Rd win1ter 1951 or 52, I consider this the best tram painting I have ever done, everything went right. It sold 10 minutes after the Exhibition opened (2) Gravelly Hill (3) Went on a Nile Cruise May 2006, done a number of paintings from digital photos I took when I got back home. Far to hot to paint out there,if I go again it will be Feb or March, this is of a temple on the banks of the Nile near Aswan.

Last edited:
Clearing_the_snow.jpg
Gas_St_Basin_(2).jpg
more paintings from my album (1) Gas St Basin 1980's before "improvements" a favourite subject of mine (2) this was inspired by an old black and white picture in Aston, I would say Lozells, Victoria or Witton Rd pre 1953 because of the tram

Attachments

• Wet Sunday in the Bulrling.JPG
    Wet Sunday in the Bulrling.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Such wonderful paintings Eric. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Ann

Thank you all for your kind remarks, was going to put a couple of dozen on but found you can only put 5 to a page, so I have just compiled 2 pages. Any way there are more on my profile page Album, I will occassionly add to them. Eric

Eric,

Please add to them, when you can. They will give pleasure to many on the forum. You have so much talent.

Ann

the wonderful things about all our Brummie artists is in the way they capture the image from there own perspectives and we can see the places they have captured through there art ..great and thank you all:D

eric...i have only one word to describe your artwork...STUNNING....

thank you for sharing them with us all

astoness:):):)

Eric, your paintings are fantastic. I did enjoy seeing them very much, and would love to see more. You have a great talent.

Judy

They are brilliant paintings, i once had a christmas card sent to me, it was a copy of a painting of a red tram in Salford, it was christmas time and christmas lights were twinkling on the wet street at dusk, it made me quite nostalgic for Brum as it used to be. Jackie.

silver fox Yes they are water colours, I was given tuition in Oils many years ago but it was not the medium for me, to slow, I love the transparancy and freshness of watercolour, I also do pen and ink and pen and wash, I like to complete a painting in one session, I could not do that with Oils

Eric, I enjoyed looking at your paintings which I think are quite 'atmospheric' especially the Bull Ring and St Martins in the rain and Clearing the Snow. Please put more of your work on when you can. Anthea:)

Back