• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eric Ernest Westbury 1882 - 1939

Eutrino

master brummie
Anyone for chess? My paternal grandfather might be worthy of consideration as a rather bright brummie! In addition to being an accomplished pianist and violinist who played both instruments in the City of Birmingham (Symphony) Orchestra during the early 1920's, shortly after it's foundation by Neville Chamberlain, he was also a published composer of award winning chess problems throughout the 20's and early 30's. I wish I could have inherited some of his talents!

Go to: http://theproblemist.org/composers.pl?type=int

Last edited:
Eutrino how fascinating it must be quite exciting to have a famous grandfather. Thanks for posting the information.

Hello Eutrino. Thought Ken was a clever man but didn't know if he played Chess. He came to our house to help Al change his engine in our Austin Healey Sprite. My son taught me to play years ago but I wasn't very good.

How proud you must be to have a famous grandfather Miriam.

Back