• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington

The Lad In The Lane (The Old Green Man) 1931

lad_1931.jpg

img066.jpg

erdington High Street, this store opened in 1936 but was later replaced by a superstore by the same Society.

im looking for a pic of an electrical shop called civic that was on the high street...if anyone has one i would love to see it...

cheers

lyn

brill dek thank you...

froth when i go to save deks pics its coming up saltly high st...

lyn

I think you are right Lyn I,ve just noticed the tram lines and the cobbles on the road.Sorry about that never looked properly.Dek

Don't know when picture was taken , but civic was at no 126, and in 1952 was between Spink & Greenacre, ladies outfitters & Walter Smith, butchers

Lyn, on one of the old forum threads, from 2006, JennyAnn suggests looking on Flickr.com, with Erdington in the search box for pics of Erdington, may be one on there - there looks like there were other photos too, but hacked now :((
JennyAnn and Alberta and John Houghton were the main contributors.
You have probably already seen the thread though!!
Sue

I think Frothy's right. I have a pic of it on my computer but it's being "breathed on" and won't get it back untill tomorrow. If I find the photo I'll post it.

Yes I was wondering the same, I lived at the bottom ofJerrys Lane, near to the junction of Turfpitts Lane (now there an interestingname). The deeds show it was built by the owners of the large house at the junctionas speculative rented accommodation, then eventually sold off.

So any photos of this area would be very welcome.

Back