• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington Wheelwright Road

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures dates from 1909.

Ian.

The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures is thought to date from the 1910's.

Ian.

And another couple from the other end of Wheelwright Road almost where it joins the Tyburn Road,
The older picture dates from 1964 and was taken from elsewhere on the forum.

Ian.

And another couple from the other end of Wheelwright Road almost where it joins the Tyburn Road,
The older picture dates from 1964 and was taken from elsewhere on the forum.

Ian.

Them shops on Wheelwright road bring back memories. When I was about 9 I fell off me bike outside that papershop and broke me arm.:cry:

I went to Erdington Hall School from 1957-1961 and walked from Abbey Road, up Hunton Hill and down Wheelwright Road, so it's a wonder my footprints aren't imprinted on that road. Yes it certainly brings back memories.
Lynda:)

Every Thursday I use to wait for on of those shops to open to get my order when I was a Rep for Eskimo Frozen foods in the 1960s happy days:)

Never saw you Froth or Lynda:D

Last edited:
Back