• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Erdington War Memorial

Paul Higgins

master brummie
Hi there, gang. Do any of you well versed Brummies know of a war memorial in Erdington? Was there one that has now gone? Thanks muchly.

The WFA did a search a few years back and could not find one but a few memorials in the Churchyard

Thanks, Cromwell

I am doing a bit of research for a pal and said I would look here. I know there are some gravestones in the cemetary, but I was thinking more of a memorial to all who fell. Seems strange, as my investigations have lead me to believe that Erdington was independant from Brum in the early 20th century. Seems funny there wouldn't be a dedicated memorial, at least to those who lost their lives in WW1 who were from Erdington. Anyhow, thanks again, mate.

Thanks, Billc

Seems this guy has a similar problem! I lived in Erdington (Pype Hayes, actually) from 1957 (born in Saltley) until 1980, when I moved to Tamworth. I can't remember a dedicated memorial. Seems a bit strange, though. We might have expected there to be one. Thanks again.

Back