• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington Tram

Great poto still got a tin of the 3 in 1 Oil only got it about 3 months ago the last one lasted about 15 years.:)

Ah, happy days!
Here's a photo I took of my mate Peter Hammond, turning the pole at the Yenton. He was a student at the School of Industrial Design, and I was at the School of Architecture.
You should see the model trams he's made!
Peter

Sorry Jennyann, I bcan't find my copy of a book he did on tram modelling, but here are some pics from other sources.
The first is in fact the first serious model he made in 1952-3, at the time when I took the photo of him, seen in the garden of Richard Elliott of South London, next to one of his models. The proportions were not quite perfect, but it was an excellent first effort. The next two pics are a bigger by Robert Whetstone. The last is a later effort of Peter's, of a Wolverhampton Corporation single-decker.
Peter
Peter

Back