• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington - High Street

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
Various images and scenes from Erdington High Street from between 1900 and present day.

and a couple of the Church House .
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures is thought to date from the 1920's.

Ian.

Ian
I have taken the liberty of lightening two of your cards
Mike

View attachment 64766
Erd2520High2520St_1915A.jpg

In response to Rupert - I've had the pictures for a while - on a USB memory stick - which I - ahem - mislaid until recently.
And as Mike has - anyomne please feel free to do whatever you like with them, I just hope they are of interest and stir a few ( good ) memories.

Ian.

As an aside; is it ok to paste Google Images on here for information purposes. Some members do not have GE . I was wondering if some intelectual patent was involved to violate. I have wanted to use the street photo's just to inform.

I did check with Postie before starting these threads. The Google Streetview images are 'watermarked' by Google and as long as they are credited as being Google images it should not be a problem.

Great set of photos Ian. BTW how do I keep missing you and Brian when I go to the Lad prior to Blues matches? Given up on it? (Don't think so!)

Not deliberately trying to miss you David - honest - I think you leave to go to the match before we arrive , normally get there 2 o'clock ish or later.

great pic.when i was a child.i got lost in the high st.and a friendly copper took me to the station.were they fed me tea and cake.while i waited for mom to come and get me.

Back