• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Erdington High St. Photos

Kraithby
Catkin is shown as a guest, which means they are no longer a member of the forum, and would have to rejoin to reply to you

Kraithby
Catkin is shown as a guest, which means they are no longer a member of the forum, and would have to rejoin to reply to you
Thanks.....have you any idea what photo she was referring to...I've tried to find it on the thread but cant find it

Kraithby
Sorry, I should have explained. some years ago the site was hacked, and as a result all the photos on it were lost. Many have been replaced , but unfortunately, that was not possible with all of them as some people have left the forum and they are not available. The photo referred to seems to
have been one of those

Kraithby
Sorry, I should have explained. some years ago the site was hacked, and as a result all the photos on it were lost. Many have been replaced , but unfortunately, that was not possible with all of them as some people have left the forum and they are not available. The photo referred to seems to
have been one of those
Oh what a shame... I have a feeling the Pat Cattermole may have been my aunty as it is such an unusual name....never mind...thanks for replying

hi kraithby do you have any idea what year this missing photo would have been taken

lyn

hi kraithby do you have any idea what year this missing photo would have been taken

lyn
Hi she posted the comment on May 3rd 2009 but I dont know what year the photo would've been.....this is the comment she made

The person in the front of the picture looking at the meat counter which i presume is Erdington Market is Pat Cattermole. I can name her because she is no longer with us...Cat

i have one photo taken in erdington market the date is 1929 would that be about the right year to have maybe had your aunty in the photo

lyn

Yes I think you’re right it’s the Cross Keys. Thought that was on Sutton Road, but maybe it’s still High Street at the Cross Keys. Thanks. Viv.

The Acorn Hotel was at 196 High St
Roebuck was at 132 High st
Cross Keys was at 15 High st, next to it was Station Road, then a Congregational Church
9, 11 & 13 High st was Pickfords Ltd, Carriers. (building on right of Cross Keys in photo.)

Last edited:
Back