• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Erdington - Gravelly Lane

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures is thought to date from the 1920's.

Ian.

Oh Wow
There's my gran and grandad's house. In the early 50's I used to walk down to the shops from the row of houses on the left hand side of the black and white picture. They were about 9 houses up on the left past the row of shops. What memories. Thanks
Jenny

By the way, they had lived there since 1857 so were probably living there at the time of your postcard. Incredible.

Jenny

Back