• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington Boys School Slade Road School

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slade (Road) Secondary Boys school, move to Fentham Road to become, Erdington Boys School, now gone and built on.
Fentham (Road) Girls School, not sure what they do there, some sort of day centre
I recall a St Gabriel’s catholic school, think it was Princip Street B4 or Price Street B4

Slade (Road) Secondary Boys school, move to Fentham Road to become, Erdington Boys School, now gone and built on.
Fentham (Road) Girls School, not sure what they do there, some sort of day centre
I recall a St Gabriel’s catholic school, think it was Princip Street B4 or Price Street B4
I have just replied in another thread,about Slade Road,and how we moved to a new school called Erdington Boy's,we must have been in the same year,we moved after our first year.

Oh, what a shame - I thought it said something like 'teachers a fathead' or similar. He seems to have a secret smile.

Lots of levels editing and magnification suggests it is not a note, it looks like a building but we cannot be sure. Perhaps he had made a drawing of the school and was keen to show it ... :)
Picture.jpg

Nowadays you could almost be certain that it would be a smartphone, but back then.....just not enough information in the image to make a good guess.

Maurice :)

Only just come across this thread. I was in the Juniors at Slade Road during the war and the glass and wood screen in the photo brought back vivid memories. Our class room was the same. However, during the war it was not another class room the other side but full of baths. I can't remember what disease it was, but they filled the baths with hot water and plunged kids and adults in as a cure. Can't remember what was added to the water. But frequently during lessons all we could hear were the screams of those put in the baths.

Back