• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Enids Ashes

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
After Enid passed way in April 2008, we had a family meeting and decided that her ashes would be scattered
near Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour, a spot she loved, and with Stephanie, Paul and Karen I took a boat
trip acoss the bay, the Captain heave to for a few minutes while we scattered them on the sea.You would have thought by now the pain would have eased, but I still think of her every single day and just does not
get any better. BernardView attachment 59984

Hello Bernard, my mother passed away the month after your wife, and I still think of her every day, too. Two and a half years is not a long time, I am sure the pain will ease more as time goes by. Bereavement is not an easy thing to come to terms with, and some people learn to live with it easily, some don't. I am one of those who do not cope very well, so I do understand how lost you must still feel. I still get upset over the loss of my father, and he died 24 years ago this month. Rest assured Enid is watching from above (or wherever heaven is), although you may not be a believer in things like that. I believe that they do not go away, but are watching and waiting for the time when we join them.

God bless

Shortie

What a beautiful scene Bernard, I am sure Enid would have been looking down on you with an enormous smile on her face. I lost my Mary in 2005 and like you, I think of her every day and miss her enormously. I hope that in releasing her ashes to a place she loved, has to some extent given you comfort.

my father(1915-1995) my mother(1919-2007) my aunt (1908-1998) are residing in my wardrobe at the moment . Glad you have said farewell in such a meaningful way. My dad was my best friend and workmate, I miss him.

Hi Bernard,

What a lovely thing you did with your Enid's ashes, my Mom & Dads ashes were put in the garden at their house. My Son is now living there so the house is staying in the family.

Regards Heather

Back