• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elijah L Lockwood, Engine Fitter 1851

Bunbury125

Elijah L Lockwood born in Barrow upon soar 1811(1815 on census) was an engine fitter and lived in Edward buildings, Norton street, Birmingham.
Assuming that he lived near where he worked, does anyone who knows Birmingham's history know where he might have worked in that area?
I am trying to find out what could have led to him dying abroad 2 years later.
According to the Leicester Chronicle he died at St Brisks' on the Volga in Sept 1853. His widow married again in 1861 and is living with her new husband Samuel George in Norton Street.
Regards
B

I think it would be very difficult to suggest who he was working for. An engine fitter could work for any firm who possessed a steam engine, of which there must have been many in the vicinity

I think it would be very difficult to suggest who he was working for. An engine fitter could work for any firm who possessed a steam engine, of which there must have been many in the vicinity
Fair enough. I figured it was worth a try.
Cheers
B

Back