• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Enfield motorcycle factory redditch

looloo

I do apologise in advance if I have posted this in the wrong category. I am trying to find anybody that worked at the factory in Enfield Redditch aproximately 60 years ago, I'm assuming folks from Brum did travel to Redditch for work back then and depending on which part of Brum you were based in, it's not that far. If anyone could help please I would be most grateful x:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record….

ENFIELD (GB) 1907-1915
  1. Enfield Autocar Co. Ltd., Redditch, Worcs. 1907-1908
  2. Enfield Autocar Co. Ltd., Sparkbrook, Birminghan)
1908-1915

The first commercial vehicle made by this company, originally an offshoot of the famous Royal Enfield cycle and armaments firm, was a 3-ton forward control truck with 25 hp T-head 4-cylinder engine and single chain drive. Few were made, and there was little commercial vehicle activity after the change of address which coincided with the acquisition of Enfield by the Alldays & Onions com-pany. In 1914, however, Enfield announced a 5 cwt light van on their 1100cc 4-cylinder Nimble Nine car chassis. This was known as the Parcelette. GNG

ENFIELD-ALLDAY (GB) 1920-1923

Enfield-Allday Motors Ltd., Sparkbrook, Birmingham This company was the result of the merger between the Enfield Autocar Company and Alldays & Onions Ltd.

Though both companies had made commercial vehicles before the war, Enfield-Allday was best-known for passenger cars, and only one commercial model was listed. This was a 2-ton chassis powered by a 4-cylinder 25 hp engine of 4.4-litres capacity. It had a 3-speed gearbox and enclosed chain drive. Not many were made, and after 1923 the company decided to concentrate on light cars. GNG

Complete encyclopaedia of Commercial VehIckes.

Last edited:
Back