• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Emily Sophia Wattrus and Arthur Nash

maccalenny

master brummie
This lady was a cousin of my great-grandmother, and I thought her family might like to see her wedding photo if they are out there! I have a couple of other photos of her too.
She was born in 1890, and married Arthur Nash in 1913. I think they had a daughter, Marion, in 1920. Arthus died in 1939. That's about everything I know.

W

Wendy

What a lovely photo I hope someone at some time finds this thread and can connect to the photo. Thanks for posting it Maccalenny!

pollypops

master brummie
That is a lovely photo - I always enjoy looking at old wedding photos. I don't have any early photos of my relatives weddings so it is nice to see others as it gives me an idea of how they may have looked when they got married.
I hope a Wattrus or Nash relative sees your post and gets in touch.:)

Mike Wattrus

Hi Pollypops and Wendy thank you for hoping SO HARD because it really worked!! I was notified about Maccalenny's post shortly after it went up but I have had problems registering.

Hi Maccalenny my name is Mike WATTRUS and my daughter Rowena and I are researching the WATTRUS family. Three brothers lived in Brum just before 1858. Thomas stayed there while his two brothers John and William emigrated to South Africa. Our ancestor is William. Emily Sophia was the Grand-daughter of Thomas. I would love a hi res copy to include into my files.

Timetraveller

Hi Pollypops and Wendy thank you for hoping SO HARD because it really worked!! I was notified about Maccalenny's post shortly after it went up but I have had problems registering.

Hi Maccalenny my name is Mike WATTRUS and my daughter Rowena and I are researching the WATTRUS family. Three brothers lived in Brum just before 1858. Thomas stayed there while his two brothers John and William emigrated to South Africa. Our ancestor is William. Emily Sophia was the Grand-daughter of Thomas. I would love a hi res copy to include into my files.

Timetraveller

Thomas Parker Wattrus was my great great grandfather. There was also a sister Harriet, who died of consumption in 1870.
I have been researching their brothers William and John who emigrated to South Africa. I know that William and his wife Elizabeth went on to make a successful life but I believe that John and Hannah died in Grahamstown and that their children, who were very young, were looked after by other families, one of them being the Penn family. Does anyone have any family knowledge concerning the fate of John and Hannah? Their children were: William Wattrus 1854-1924, Fanny Jane Wattrus 1856-1939, who married William Thomas Dell, Hannah Maria Wattrus 1857 -? and Edith Harriet Wattrus 1859-1942 who married Bertram John Phillips. Bertram and Edith visited the UK in 1921 and in 1936 their daughter Violet Gladys did the same. She was married to Samuel Wattrus Taylor, who's mother Jane was the daughter of William and Elizabeth.