• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elma Gibson

Eric Gibson

master brummie
This is my cousin, she would be about the same age as me, born 1935ish she had a twin brother Kenneth, I last saw them at my mother's funeral, I found out whilst searching yesterday that Ken died in 2005 but I can't find Elma.

She was mis-transcribed in one place I found as Elina, would like to find if she too has gone.

They were born in Aston and the last address I have for Ken was in Sutton where his death is listed.

She seems to have been living in Wood Lane, Sutton Coldfield until her death in 2009. Married name Hales.

Thanks, I did come across the Hales name on my search but wasn't sure enough to add it to my tree. Couldn't find her birth either although I had Kens.
Must make a bit more effort. :)

There is a burial at Witton of an Elma Hales in Aug 2009.
https://birminghamburialrecords.co.uk/

A search on the Birmingham Mail funeral notices found this:

Elma Rose HALES Passed away on 19th August 2009, aged 73. Funeral Service to take place at St. Anne's RC Church, Streetly, on Friday 28th August 2009, at 11.30 a.m., followed by Burial at Witton Cemetery, at 1.00 p.m. Funeral Arrangements c/o Cutler Funeral Directors, Sutton Coldfield. 24 Hour 0121 308 3038.

Last edited:
Back