• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elizabeth Clair Jones, photographer

Brumtaffy

I know that many on the forum are familiar with the John Whybrow Collection of Birmingham photographs. In the introduction to ‘How does your Birmingham grow?’ John Whybrow describes how Miss Jones, a staff photographer, was asked to “photograph the changes that had taken place” in 1971. It is her excellent ‘modern’ photographs that appear alongside the original 134057collection, published to celebrate their centenary.

I’d assumed that Miss Jones and the output of her photographic career might appear after putting her name into a search engine, but I’ve drawn a blank. Does anybody know what became of her and how her photographs can be found?

Thanks Mike, I hadn’t seen this. What an interesting back story this lady has.

I wonder if she did leave Birmingham to travel?

We knew Liz from school in Umtali, Southern Rhodesia and perhaps were the ones she mentioned did not like going north of Watford!
last heard of in Toronto.. and would like news if anyone is in contact with her

Back