• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Elizabeth Baker

cba, What a coincidence! I passed the cottages on Tuesday on the way to the library and thought they must all be owned by the same person. Thanks.

Attachments

• driffold.jpg
    driffold.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
cba, What a coincidence! I passed the cottages on Tuesday on the way to the library and thought they must all be owned by the same person. Thanks.
Thank you for the photograph. They were a bit more basic when we lived there. Entered through front door into a living room. Kitchen through from that, with a bath in it, covered by a board to use as a work surface. Through the back door to an outside toilet, one of 4 in a block. Small garden semi shared.
The stairs were through a door off the living room and led to two bedrooms. I suppose you could call it cosy. I know that's how Mum and Dad made it. I hated the outside loo because you could hear anyone using the one behind yours! I don't know the age of the cottages but the structure is very similar to some Elizabethen ones in Stratford upon Avon.

Back