• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Eliezer Edwards

bear & ragged staff

Brummie babby
I have just purchased two books about Birmingham by Eliezer Edwards, however I am struggling to find any information about the author. I have found references to South Wales, St. Paul's Square in Birmingham, the Church of Latter Day Saints, gunpowder and so on. Does anybody have a definitive answer please.

Journalist born in Kent in 1815. Came to Birmingham to work as a journalist for the Birmingham Daily Mail in 1837, according to Bill Dargue, but according to the various censuses was born in Bristol. At one time he owned a glass manufactory. Lived in Edgbaston. Died in1891.

And welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Maurice

Last edited:
This appeared in the Birmingham Daily Post in February 1941 - describing some of the work of Eliezer fifty years after his death.
Viv.

Attachments

• 64879319-8903-42AF-A821-758DDA6DB30E.jpeg
    64879319-8903-42AF-A821-758DDA6DB30E.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 15
Journalist born in Kent in 1815. Came to Birmingham to work as a journalist for the Birmingham Daily Mail in 1837, according to Bill Dargue, but according to the various censuses was born in Bristol. At one time he owned a glass manufactory. Lived in Edgbaston. Died in1891.

And welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Maurice
Sorry, I placed my thanks in the wrong box. Many thanks for your reply. I had been looking at exactly the wrong person. Thanks again. John

Back