• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • On Sunday I will be upgrading the software to the latest version this will mean downtime of approx half a day. (assuming all goes well) This has to be done as we are out of mainstream support now.

Electric Trams

oldMohawk

master brummie
Where in Rubery was the terminus ? For trams.
The reason I ask that's a tall brick wall.
The No 70 Rednal tram (4th pic) is standing in Navigation Street. The walls behind can be seen in the pic below.
Navst_tram.jpg
A better view of the building but no trams in the pic link below

Saddletramp

Martineau Street was a favourite place to photograph trams and tram 20 No 6 Perry Barr waits at the terminus. There are often interesting things to see around the trams and I see Jeromes Photographic Studio on the left. Many parents in the 1940s would smarten up their kids and take them there to be photographed. I was smartened up and taken there and have the photos on the forum here ...
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/my-family-snaps.16090/page-7#post-416542
Also in the tram pic, flower sellers can be seen on the pavement in front of Dolcis.
View attachment 122377
Thanks for the photo. Met my wife here outside Jeromes in November 1956.

oldMohawk

master brummie
Thanks for the photo. Met my wife here outside Jeromes in November 1956.
Another glimpse of Jeromes but there always seemed to be a tram in the way ... :)
Martineau Street Thread