• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Electric Aids

NOTSHARP

master brummie
A pal of mine, recently deceased, used to work at an electrical appliance shop called, Electric Aids. This would have been in the 1960's, I would guess. They sold washing machines, TV's, small appliances, TV rentals, etc.
His family all have various locations in their minds for the shop. Saltly, Stratford Road, Selly Oak, have all been mentioned.

Does the name ring a bell with anyone?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Steve.

From 1964 Kellys
Electric Aids Ltd., Radio supplied dealers, 72 Cape Hill
It is now Ansers Estate agent

A pal of mine, recently deceased, used to work at an electrical appliance shop called, Electric Aids. This would have been in the 1960's, I would guess. They sold washing machines, TV's, small appliances, TV rentals, etc.
His family all have various locations in their minds for the shop. Saltly, Stratford Road, Selly Oak, have all been mentioned.

Does the name ring a bell with anyone?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Steve.
There was an Electric Aids shop shown in Kelly's 1955 (probably done in 1954) at 72 Cape Hill Smethwick
Nothing shown in 1967/68 Kelly's

72 Cape Hill Electric .jpg

Back