• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Electoral Rolls at Birmingham Library

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
I have been informed that it is easy enough to see the electoral rolls
in B'ham library as they are in book form...but I forgot to ask how to search these books...is it by name or address ???

Many thanks,
Margaret.

The pages are in address order, not alphabetically but geographically in constituency lists. You need to study one for 20-30 minutes, all will become clear then.

Thank you very much Lloyd..I can now get my list of addresses in order.

Regards,
Margaret.

I went into the library today to have a go at searching the electoral rolls.
What interesting reading they are as well...it does take a while to get into the system of the books, but well worth it....Thanks again Lloyd for your helpful info..

Margaret.

Hi Skylark :) Glad you enjoyed the Elec Rolls,, excellent resource eh!,
Next time you,re in the Central Library take a peek at the Wills, great big books on rear shelves,
Very useful as location & further info on your lost loved ones ,
Cheers & good hunting JohnY :cool:

Hello John.....wills ??? my lot didn't have a penny to their names !!!!

But I can hope !!!

Margaret.

Back