• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edward Thomas Of Saltley

Simon68

master brummie
Hello again,

It's like buses, you don't see any for ages then they all come at once. It's Simon here, your friendly token collector from Suffolk.

Just been going through my stock of tokens for creating some new listings on several well-known auction websites and found a 3d token of Edward Thomas of Saltley.

Not knowing where Saltley was, I googled it and found it is just to the east of Birmingham city centre, Washwood Heath ward, now Ladywood, or so Wiki tells me.

Anyway from my experience and knowledge of tokens I don't think its a Market token, but more likely a pub or tavern token. However it doesn't have a pub name on it, so I'm hoping you guys might be able to fathom out who Edward Thomas was and what his profession was.

I've attached photos for all to see and anyone who might be interested in ''acquiring'' this token, please message me.

Regards, Simon

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 5
Edward Thomas was a grocer at 17 High St, Saltley in the 1921 Kellys. This would refer to 1920. He is not listed there in the 1915 or 1924 editions. Therefore the maximum time he could have had the shop (allowing for delay because of compilation of directory) is between 1915 and 1923. could find no other edward Thomas with a business associated with Saltley.

Back