• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edward Road Wenman Street Corner Shop

There is Edward Road Moseley, Kelly's 1973/4 and at 97, on the corner, D&W Exchanges, secondhand goods dealers.
rosie.

I have got the impression that a number of the photos in this group were balsall heath. They looked similar to ones i and Janet Mendelsohn took there in the 1960s

I know this shop well, on the corner of Edward Road and Wenman Street, in fact I posteded a photo of it on here a few weeks back

YEAH ! well done Phil I was beginning to think I had dreamed them all up

excellent phil...i have now saved this one with definate location for it and mike you were correct with balsall heath

lyn

They have a Ewbank carpet sweeper ! I want it. The proper heavy one, not the plastic lightweight rubbish they sell today.

Is the girl reading the Beano ? Viv.

Just noticed the trolley with the cups on top. We had one of those but never saw it used. Don't quite know why we had one. Another of my mum's fads. Viv.

Viv
My mother had a ewbank, which she always preferred. Just get out, push up and down and not have to bother with plugging in or messing around. She always missed it when she came to live with me

Postie, I do love a good junk shop but they are getting few and far between these days. Replaced by charity shops I suppose but not the same. I expect they've gone the way of second hand bookshops too which are becoming really scarce due to the internet. You don't see many real jumble sales any more.

Viv, I've got the up to date version of the Ewbank - the G-Tech. I was having trouble getting the vac upstairs and this is brilliant. I keep doing a Freddie Mercury with it and what a shock when I used it under the bed!

Viv, I've got the up to date version of the Ewbank - the G-Tech. I was having trouble getting the vac upstairs and this is brilliant. I keep doing a Freddie Mercury with it and what a shock when I used it under the bed!
To much information Lady P this is a family programme and you are before the watershed
Bob

Back