• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edward Road, Edgbaston

B

basha

Hi, my mom used to lived in Edward Road, Edgbaston in 1950's. She holds no record or photo's of what the houses or road looked like back then, i have tried searching for information or history about the road for her. If anyone can help, i would be very grateful as she would love to get those memories back.

would you mean Edward Road which runs from Moseley Road to Pershore Road?
That is mainly Balsall Heath B12, but it does cross over the boundary (the River Rea) into Edgbaston B5 in the last little bit before it reaches Pershore Road.

i would have to ask her as i am not completely sure. I will find out tomorrow and let u know! Cheers

Yes it is the Edward Road that runs from Moseley Road to Pershore Road. After havin spoken to my mom, she wants to find out the real history about the road i.e "before she lived there" and maybe see any photos if any were taken back then. Hope somebody can help me! :)

hi there gibbo , which end of king edwards road did your wife live , the big end or the small end by clews the cycle shop , or was it by st. marks street ,co,s i lived at 243 king edwards road or what year was she there , or what school did she go to i went to stewards st infants , and then to ickneild boys only , my wife also comes from lady wood , she went to the oratry , and osler st school , or does she recall the park keeper at the small wreck of a play ground in king edwards rd he was a little old man and he was a drunkerd and one day he was so drunk he drank dettol for whisky and they had to rush him to hospital ,, best wishes astonian ,;;;;

hi astonion she lived at 145 king edwards rd im sure it was next to a pub that was in the 1950s
i down loaded a pic of the road from the net

Back