• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edward Parslow ,Goodrick St Saltley

Edifi

master brummie
Can anyone help with my grandfather ,Date of birth ,marriage to Lucy Ann etc.In the Warwickshire 14-18 war

MWS

master brummie
Appears to be the son of John Henry Parslow, b1848 Stafford, and his second wife Ann Sheard, b1851 Sheffield. Their marriage was registered Dec qtr 1884 Bham.

John's first wife was Mary Ann Venables and Ann's first husband was Thomas Kilminster.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edward was living with his parents in New Canal Street in 1911, status married, Coach painter.
No Lucy or daughter Harriett found in 1911.
In 1939 Lucy is in Goodrich Street with her family but sadly Edward was in Rubery hospital wher he died in 1964.

Thomas William and Harriett Fifield(Parslow) were in Inkerman Street in 1939

Edifi

master brummie
Alberta ,that's the year I was born.My mother was the daughter of Edward & Lucy . She was born in 1913.Many thanks

Edifi

master brummie
This was when Edward got friendly with the I talians a day my mother & father became friends with them.My father helping during the war in the bombing found a biscuit tin full of Sovereigns belonging to an Italian family

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your mother was Harriet Fifield nee Parslow she was born on 28th August 1909 and died in 1993.