• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edith Annie Todd - anywhere!

jane k

master brummie
I`m looking for Edith Annie Todd born about 1878 Stourport, Worcs. Her parents were Amelia born 1938 Shorne, Kent and Henry Todd born 1833 in Worcester - but they had separated by 1881. Amelia was previously called Boardman (nee Solomon) and had 4 Boardman sons & another Todd daughter - all in different places but I can`t find Edith Annie.
Any help would be much appreciated

Jane

smtr

master brummie
Hi Jane
Wonder if this is her?
Edith A Dodd - original sheet could be a 'T'
Born 1878 Stourport Worcestershire - adopted daughter
living with
William Jennings B1838 Stourport - head - captain of boat (canal barge)
Jane jennings B1847 West Bromwich - wife -
address: Basin Side, Lower Mitton, Kidderminster, Worcestershire.

Suzanne

jane k

master brummie
Hi Suzanne - yes I`m sure that is her. When her sister died in Lower Mitton in 1883 `J Jennings` registered the death and I didn`t know who that was.

Very many thanks - this is a very disjointed family and it has been a real challenge to fill in the gaps

Jane

smtr

master brummie
Glad it was the correct one Jane. I think the Jennings perhaps took children in as in 1891 they have another child living with them listed as adopted. Your Edith is with her mom in 1891 isn't she?

Suzanne

jane k

master brummie
Yes that`s right Suzanne. Poor Amelia had a very difficult life earlier on but ended her days in Lower Mitton. Edith went up to Liverpool where she worked in the work-house (don`t know what took her up there!)

Many thanks again Jane